The Co-Op/Intern will receive direct on-site experience. The majority of time will be spent on a project site, with occasional office hours required at our Corporate Office, located at 2580 Baird Road in Penfield, NY. Daily logs, site and construction documentation, RFI’s, as-built drawings, submittal review, and light labor work will be required as directed by the on-site Superintendent. The Co-Op/Intern will report to the site superintendent, in addition to the Vice President.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate classroom experience, and extreme desire for professional experience in the following:
- Managing small – large, complex construction projects.
- Developing and managing detailed budgets and schedules.
- Knowledge of NFPA standards and building codes.
- Ability to cost estimate complex projects and identify way to drive down costs.
- Developing and reviewing Methods of Procedures (MOPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all critical work activities.
- Enforce project document control as it pertains to: Scheduling, Budget, Subcontracts/Preparation, Change Orders, Submittals, Pay Applications, Transmittals, RFI’s/ASI’s, Drawing Logs, and Close-out Documentation.
- Promote long-term relationships for future business development.
- Ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Strong work ethic and honesty.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Preference for operating with substantial independence and strongly self- motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to brain storm in teams and think outside of the box.
- Demonstrated ability to champion innovation and creative thinking.
Education and Experience
- Strong desire to obtain professional Superintendent and PM experience in construction.
- Working toward a BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project.
- Strong technical writing skills required.
Company Benefit Information
In return for superior candidates, we are offering a starting salary of $15/hour, in addition to completion of educational credits, and additional bonus opportunities.
Apply to This Position
Taylor is a well-recognized and highly respected General Contractor in Western New York with over 35 years in multifamily, industrial, commercial and institutional construction.
We pride ourselves on delivering projects on time and on budget through our commitment to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do. Our client-focused design build process and hands-on construction management style ensure that buildings will be completed to the highest standards.