The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete design build and private projects, ranging in value up to $30 million, on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. For local projects the position’s tasks are primarily handled at the job site with periodic visits to the corporate office. Superintendent will report to the assigned Project Executive and President as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and have experience in Primavera and all Microsoft office applications.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience
- 4-yr college degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful site supervisory experience with a commercial builder.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production in all phases of commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-family construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- A self-starting, highly motivated, and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Company Benefit Information
In return for superior leadership we reward our employees with paid vacation, flexible benefit package consisting of health, dental, life, AD&D, enhanced short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending account and dependent care, and 401(k) profit sharing plan. The company rewards exceptional service with lucrative bonuses.
Apply to This Position
Taylor is a well-recognized and highly respected General Contractor in Western New York with over 35 years in multifamily, industrial, commercial and institutional construction.
We pride ourselves on delivering projects on time and on budget through our commitment to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do. Our client-focused design build process and hands-on construction management style ensure that buildings will be completed to the highest standards.