Taylor is proud to be featured in the March 22nd edition of the New York Real Estate Journal as the Upstate Western NY “Project of the Month”. The project featured is the recently completed SUNY Cortland Professional Studies Building.
To view this feature, simply view the digital edition of the NYREJ online. The main feature is located on pages 54-55 of the journal.
The Professional Studies building, located on SUNY Cortland campus at 47, was a $14 million project that provided an approximately 20,000 s/f two-story addition to the already existing approximately 48,000 s/f one story academic building. The “Green” building meets all LEED Silver certification standards to achieve the certification if persued by the college.
Some measures that helped meet LEED Silver certification standards are:
• At least 35% of the building’s electricity provided from a renewable resource.
• 30% reduction in water use and water efficiencies.
• Control erosion to reduce negative impacts on water and air quality.
• 20% increase of energy performance above building code requirements.
• Recycling of waste material: 50% diversion from landfill.
• Purchase of construction material with high-recycled content.
• Purchase of low-emitting construction materials for enhanced indoor air quality.
The project was publically financed with funds by the campus to maintain academic standards for the community and was completed in January of 2011 in time for the semester.